Computing DevOps Review 2016
Key highlights from the research include:
• Skills shortages across all areas of DevOps are being experienced but where possible, organisations are trying to retain and reskill existing staff.
• DevOps is an important component of digital strategy.
• The proportion of those surveyed who were implementing DevOps has increased from 16 to 25 per cent since last year.
• Likely impediments to DevOps include corporate culture, shortage of skills and resources and a silo mentality. These factors are magnified according to the size of the organisations involved.
• Customer/user satisfaction, speed of delivery and business impact of application code are key metrics for determining success.
EU demands that internet companies take down illegal and 'terrorist content' down within an hour - or face harsh fines
EU decides Facebook, Twitter, Google et al haven't done enough to take down terrorist and illegal content
First time all tickets sold this way
Gatwick passengers forced to read flight information from white boards after information screens go down
Vodafone claims damaged fibre cable the cause of information systems outage at Gatwick
Charlotte Allery, employment solicitor in the tech sector at law firm Coffin Mew runs through the impact of recent cases on employment status in the age of the gig economy