Computing DevOps Review 2016
Key highlights from the research include:
• Skills shortages across all areas of DevOps are being experienced but where possible, organisations are trying to retain and reskill existing staff.
• DevOps is an important component of digital strategy.
• The proportion of those surveyed who were implementing DevOps has increased from 16 to 25 per cent since last year.
• Likely impediments to DevOps include corporate culture, shortage of skills and resources and a silo mentality. These factors are magnified according to the size of the organisations involved.
• Customer/user satisfaction, speed of delivery and business impact of application code are key metrics for determining success.
'Psychological safety' the most important factor in successful teams, claims veteran technology team builder Tom Geraghty
A work culture in which failure is encouraged helps teams to experiment, work better together and will be more adaptable to change, argues Geraghty
Top CIOs give their advice for driving enduringly transformational digital transformation projects
Merger will create the largest food delivery company outside of China
Just Eat shareholders would own 52 per cent of the merged company, under plans revealed today
Slack claims new client uses half the memory and launches 33 per cent faster - about time, too