Computing DevOps Review 2016
Key highlights from the research include:
• Skills shortages across all areas of DevOps are being experienced but where possible, organisations are trying to retain and reskill existing staff.
• DevOps is an important component of digital strategy.
• The proportion of those surveyed who were implementing DevOps has increased from 16 to 25 per cent since last year.
• Likely impediments to DevOps include corporate culture, shortage of skills and resources and a silo mentality. These factors are magnified according to the size of the organisations involved.
• Customer/user satisfaction, speed of delivery and business impact of application code are key metrics for determining success.
UK invests in blackhole-hunting LIGO facilities in Louisiana and Washington to get an upgrade to 'see' further
Scientists will be able to detect three blackhole collision events in a single day after upgrading work is completed by the mid-2020s
Windows 10 build for the first half of 2020 will require more intensive testing than usual
And they continue tracking users even when asked to stop
Companies like Huawei and Xiaomi look to Europe in the fall-out from the US government's action against Huawei