Computing DevOps Review 2016
Key highlights from the research include:
• Skills shortages across all areas of DevOps are being experienced but where possible, organisations are trying to retain and reskill existing staff.
• DevOps is an important component of digital strategy.
• The proportion of those surveyed who were implementing DevOps has increased from 16 to 25 per cent since last year.
• Likely impediments to DevOps include corporate culture, shortage of skills and resources and a silo mentality. These factors are magnified according to the size of the organisations involved.
• Customer/user satisfaction, speed of delivery and business impact of application code are key metrics for determining success.
If you’re not Zoom, the pandemic has probably had a negative impact on your business - but there opportunities, as well, says CEO Gary Thornhill
CEO Sacha Labourey: 'DevOps is a pretty good proxy for what needs to happen in any organisation'
There's no blueprint for success but approaches certainly can be replicated, says CTO Gavin Barton
Cloud native applications are loosely coupled collection of services – and someone needs to keep communication channels open. Enter the service mesh