Computing DevOps Review 2016
Key highlights from the research include:
• Skills shortages across all areas of DevOps are being experienced but where possible, organisations are trying to retain and reskill existing staff.
• DevOps is an important component of digital strategy.
• The proportion of those surveyed who were implementing DevOps has increased from 16 to 25 per cent since last year.
• Likely impediments to DevOps include corporate culture, shortage of skills and resources and a silo mentality. These factors are magnified according to the size of the organisations involved.
• Customer/user satisfaction, speed of delivery and business impact of application code are key metrics for determining success.
Interview: CNCF head Priyanka Sharma - 'The arc of innovation is long and it bends towards true open source'
Cloud Native Computing Foundation's new general manager on developer trends, collaboration and disappointment over Google's surprise decision not to donate its Istio project
CTO Matt Muschol warned Deskflix delegates not to let remote working get in the way of their DevOps progress
CTO Gregory Ouillon on speeding up incident detection and resolution
How to sustain the DevOps momentum
Aimed at DevOps engineers and SREs, Relay enables real-time reactions to events as they occur