West and South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw Commissioning Support Unit is on the lookout for suppliers of a business intelligence (BI) platform that is optimised for healthcare analytics.
The BI platform requirements include: fast integration of all principal data sets, scalable and flexible architecture capable of support and handling large numbers of patients and data volumes, and production of all standard and flexible reporting to enable insightful BI analysis and narrative.
The tender states that the platform must also enable dashboard reporting and interface integration into the Data Services for Commissioner's Regional Office (DSCRO) environment.
The supplier will be responsible for integrating the platform with DSCRO and the system will have to include the following features:
- A proven dimensional data modelling and data handling framework that enables speed and flexibility;
- Open architecture to vault other tools or applications on top;
- The platform has to have been proven to be used, leading to its enhancement and further development;
- Controlled access at user and data level to ensure appropriate security;
- Standard baseline functionality from day one with associated standard reports to enable insightful BI support and analysis;
- Functionality to run on Microsoft SQL Server
The successful bidder will be expected to start the project by January 2014, with the basic suite of products ready to use by the end of March. The bidder will also have to provide development support for the solution to suit the customer's ongoing needs. Service delivery is expected to start from December 2013.
The contract, which is covered by the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA) is to last five years.